Monday, January 30, 2012

Valentine's Day

This weekend was round two for Valentine's Day crafts. I made two buntings, a billion-button heart, and a birdhouse. Because what's Valentine's Day without a birdhouse?

The first bunting I made from felt, double fold quilt binding, fabric and Heat and Bond.

IMG_3275-13

I cut the felt into triangles, cut out some fabric hearts, ironed the Heat and Bond to the hearts, and then ironed the hearts to the felt. Next, I ironed the Heat and Bond to the inside of the quilt binding, arranged the felt triangles, and ironed the whole length of the binding to adhere. Easy.

IMG_3247-10

IMG_3250-11

IMG_3282-14

The second bunting was even easier. I had a Harry Potter paperback that I had cut for a Christmas present, so I took out five whole book pages, cut the bottoms into a flag, used my craft knife to cut out heart shapes, adhered patterned paper and some glitter stickers, and stapled the flags to some ribbon.

IMG_3289-15

IMG_3292-17

IMG_3294-18

For the birdhouse, I bought a plain unfinished wood bird house from the craft store. I painted it, added some glitter to the paint for some shine, and added embellishments.

IMG_3337-25

IMG_3341-26

Finally, I made a billion-button heart by gluing buttons in a heart shape to patterned cardstock. Quick, cute, and easy.

IMG_3322-24

IMG_3316-23

No comments:

Post a Comment